Sunday, July 31, 2011

Go to the theatre just got easier

A few months ago, my sister and I decided to take a little trip down to our local independent cinema to watch a movie. We checked the film times online, established what we wanted to see, and then made the trip 10 minutes down the road to see the movie. However, upon arrival, we discovered that we had wanted to see the movie was not showing because National Theatre showing it on screen. We really do not think much of it, has selected another film and supervised, instead. It was not until around halfway through the movie, sitting in this small cinema screen with a capacity of only about two hundred, that the idea of National Theatre Company performs in one of these sunk screenshots, or more to the point where it would be impossible.

When I got home, I looked up the NET to see what was happening and turned into one of the largest discoveries in my life, second only to ice cream. I discovered that the National Theatre had started up a new system whereby they would show via live satellite link, various performances from National Theatre Company in the small, independent cinemas around the County and around the world. Not only that, but there were ballet, opera and concerts. There was a whole year's worth of features across all art from around the world and be able to go and see them from my local cinema.

At first trøde I was a bad idea, because if I wanted to go to the theatre, I just wanted to get on the train to London and go. However, the more I thought about it, it got better and better. Firstly, it is significantly cheaper. Ticket prices are about a quarter of the theatre, there is no train ticket is involved, and I would not have to pay to park your car. Moreover, there would be no worry about catching the last train home and places in my movies are by far the most comfortable event places I have ever sat in. In the last three months, I have seen Derek Jacobi in King Leah, Roy Kinnear in Hamlet, the lack of quantity and war horse, and all without leaving my local city!

I think this is really fantastic! I can go to the theatre practically every week in a free, stress cheap way and my local cinema, which is struggling to keep pace with the bigger chains have a life-line drawing in a full House every week.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment